Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A is for April Article Successes - IWSG

So, I'm a day late and a dollar short with my Insecure Writers Support Group (IWSG) blog post that's a 1st Wednesday of the month thing. Blog posts took a back seat last month while I cranked up my Yahoo! Contributor article submissions. Have had a few unexpected successes, so I feel much better now!

Not that I've mastered article writing yet or anything, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. There's several things that I struggle with when writing articles:
  • I'm a slow writer: 2 - 4 hours to complete an article, sometimes longer
  • Boring Beat Topic: for Yahoo! Finance beat, upfront pay is better, but not fun to write  
  • AP vs. Chicago Manual style: Switching between article types, News vs. Voices vs. Finance gets confusing
Article Page View Successes:
Accomplishments:
So April was a pretty great month! There were some fails too, I'll blog about those tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment